Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Started my trip to China!

I have now arrived in Aachen Germany, where I have met up with Diani Lee and her horse Stravinsky. There are also all the dressage, eventing and show jumping horses here in quarantine before they all fly to China. The Aachen show grounds are great and the hotel where all riders, trainers, officials and "the rest"are staying is just across the street. There are people here from so many different countries and it is a lot of fun to meet them all.There are four riders from Malaysia on Diani's team and they all look good. Horses and riders are ready for the Games!

We will stay here until Sunday, November 7, then we all will fly to China. The flight will go via Dubai and if there is a long enough layover, I hope I can make a very short taxi ride to see Dubai! The final destination is Guangzhou and I hope we will all eventually get there safe and sound.

This is like a mini Olympics, so there will be all sports--not only equestrian. Very exciting! I will try to keep you all posted from the trip and hopefully get some pictures down the road. Without my super girl, Anna, who is home taking care of everything, I'm not so sure!! She is always the one who takes all the great pictures!!

Best,

Mette

Below, Mette, Diani and friends eat a a Chinese restaurant in honor of their upcoming trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment