Saturday, November 20, 2010

Report on Mette's Clinic at Ten Broeck Farm

The Mette Rosencrantz Dressage Clinic held on October 16-17 and hosted by Ten Broeck Farm in Pepperell, MA was a huge success. This was Mette’s first visit to New England, coming across the country from her facility in Topanga, CA. Her expertise and teaching skills were evident in her keen ability to put each horse and rider at ease, all done with clarity and a wonderful sense of humor. Mette arrived early Saturday morning, eager to begin her instruction. Her high standards and attention to detail with every rider were just as sharp during the last session on Sunday afternoon as they were during the very first session on Saturday morning.

Rider Linda Cross said, “My rides with Mette were eye opening. She had me doing a lot of exercises to keep Bertini better on my aides and quicker off my leg, and told me to expect more from him, that he can do the work. His canter was more up and overall in better self carriage. I had a great 2 days riding with her; she was correct and to the point and I would love to ride with her again.”

Mette’s skill at engaging the clinic’s auditors was appreciated by everyone who attended. Auditor Evie Winter said, “It is not often that one gets the opportunity to watch and to learn from someone as experienced and as knowledgeable about horses, dressage, and riders as Mette Rosencrantz. She embodied all of the things that a great teacher does: she was able to adjust each lesson to the rider, the horse, and to each of their abilities. In a very short period of time she was able to hone in on an area that needed to be addressed and worked on. Mette did this with compassion, humor and knowledge, as any great teacher would. She built on the basics and reinforced the lesson with repetition and thus the goal for the lesson was met. I would love the opportunity to ride with Mette should she return to New England.”

Martha Goodwine also audited the clinic. She clearly was impressed: “I had the opportunity to attend one of the two-day clinics. After seeing her instruct on Day 1, I wish that I could have postponed my wedding anniversary celebration to attend Day 2! She was that fabulous! Beginning at 8 a.m. and ending sometime after 5 p.m., Mette was tireless! Her instruction was filled with helpful analogies, timely praise, and humor. As a result, I better understood concepts that I had previously struggled with. She ended each lesson in front of the auditors, as well as a summary critique and ‘homework’ for the rider. She continually asked for questions and feedback from everyone in the audience. I can only hope that we’re able to get her back on the East Coast again soon so that I can benefit from her meticulous and enthusiastic instruction on my new horse!”

http://www.tenbroeckfarm.net/, where you can also keep abreast of timely activities and events by signing up for the Ten Broeck Farm electronic newsletter.

Special thanks to sponsors Poulin Grain and Pelham Saddlery, whose contributions helped fund this clinic. Additional thanks to Noreen Duffy-Granbery of Duffy Productions for permission to use her beautiful photos of the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment