Sunday, November 14, 2010

Opening Ceremony at the Asian Games!

Two hundred buses left the Athlete's Village on Friday. It was very impressive. They had closed the road that took us to the Sports Arena, so there were only the buses on the road. The side of the road was filled with people who wanted to see the athletes on their way. When we got closer to the stadium, buildings were lit, there were flowers all over, trees with sparkling lights and trees with lights that looked like they had drops coming down in red, green and more. The river had floats made out of flowers with tons of sparkling lights. I could go on forever because it was so pretty. Forty-nine different countries participated with about a 1,000 athletes. So many people did everything to make it work. Many university kids from all over China volunteered, so instead of a fence there were people and more people. I have never seen anything so impressive as this ceremony. Just the way the fireworks were organized was amazing! And those, of course, went on and on, more and more!!! The director of the ceremonies must be a genius!! The theme was water, so the stage had a layer of water and surrounding the stage there, was a moat. There is no way I can explain the show that lasted for about two hours, but it was fantastic!
For a reason that I don't know, I was interviewed several times and, sure enough, I was on Chinese TV the day after. Pretty cool!

On Saturday we had the jog and all horses passed, so that was great. Today Sunday the Show started. The team took a bronze medal, very close to silver and Diani was in the top 12, so she will go forward for tomorrow. She will then ride Prix St. Georges. She was the only one on her team who had a clean, straightforward test, so I was very proud of her. She did a great job! Cross your fingers for tomorrow!

So all is well in China. Just a couple more days and then I'll be on my way home. Thanks' to Super Anna who is working hard at Mill Creek and taking care of everything so well at home. So keep it up girls-I'm so thankful I have you!

Just to let you know, that Facebook, Twitter, blogs and my own website are blocked in China and I cannot listen to any of my voicemail on my phone. Just so you know! I will catch up when I get home.

~Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment