Thursday, August 12, 2010

Virus on Computer!

If you all wonder where I went, I just have to let you know that I got a virus on Friday evening and my computer was shut down! Bad timing!!

I was pleased with my horses on Friday, but they were better on Saturday in the Intermediare I. In that test, I had a mistake that took the scores down on both horses, so it was hard to climb up after that. I had no mistakes on Friday, on Saturday, I had a better go, but with mistakes. When Sunday, came I rode the best. Both horses climbed up the list, but for the overall, the freestyle didn't count as much as the first day.

For the freestyle, I had two fun rides to music I like and fits the horses. I know that some of you did see it on the computer.  That is so cool!
Thanks for all the nice comments and all your lovely notes, calls and emails. I'm so fortunate to have you all out there to support me. I'm so grateful your are cheering me on. I tell you...it's a tough group!! So you better ride and give all you have!!

Taison is such a hard worker. The heat was hard on this lovely big black horse. By the time he was in the ring ready to show, he had to go on willpower. He is the best when the weather is cool, so Gladstone is not the place to be!! It  was so hot and humid that we had to cool the horses down every ten minutes with water and ice. He just does his job and is always trying to do it without complaint!

Finally was such a good boy all three days. Friday I rode safe, no mistakes, but that was not enough. I had great rideability and felt very good about my ride. Sad that the judges didn't feel the same!!!!

Saturday, I rode stronger, but my two mistakes took me down in scores. For me that didn't matter, because he was so relaxed and had no problem with anything that could have distracted him. Three months ago he would have thought the ring was very scary, so that is a great move forward. Sunday in my freestyle, he got a good score, worked beautifully and I was very pleased with my placing.

So over all the trip was fun and it was nice to compete in the group of the top riders in the U.S. There are a lot of nice horses and good riders and I'm glad that I am one of them.

Monday, 8/9:
The trailer picked us up in the morning and it actually felt good to be on the way home. I rode with my horses and traveled with them all the way. Taison and Finally were in one crate and they traveled very well. It's a long day and I am always concerned that the flight and all the commotion at the airport will stress the horses. But all went well and I was happy to be back at the barn, and so wer the horses.

For now my horses will have a break from traveling and training and I'm sure they will love to just be home.

I will keep you all posted what's next on my list, but for now I'm thankful to just be home and back to work.
All the best,
 
Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment