Thursday, August 19, 2010

Return from Gladstone

(View the photo gallery of Mette's return flight home from Gladstone on her Facebook page)

I think you all know by now that I got home safely with my horses Taison and Finally. I rode with them in the trailer from Gladstone to the airport. They make a ramp from the trailer to the crate so the horses just went from one stall in the trailer to a nother stall in the shipping crate. Our tack was in a different container and each crate or container has to be weighed.

Only my horses were in "my" crate, so with two horses in a crate for three, they got 1.5 spaces each. It is way too small for big horses like mine to go in a crate with 3 horses!

The crate is lifted up to the body of the airplane, and this time it was a cargo plane, so there were a lot of containers in the plane. There are no stewards, or any service, so there are just a couple of seats for those of us who flew the horses.

Back in L.A., Heather came to pick my horses up for the last leg back home to Mill Creek--and I tell you, we were all happy to be home!

So the Gladstone story is now over for this time and I'm glad that I was part of it! Finally has now shown that he can travel and still eat and drink and that he can take the stress of a big competition, so from now on I'm really looking forward to future shows!

Taison normally just does a great job, but the heat and humidity were hard on a big black horse--he just needed some extra spark from him for a higher placing. But what can you do???

Thanks for all your support!

Keep in touch,

~Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment