Saturday, July 31, 2010

We've arrived in Gladstone!

After an early start on Friday morning, the trailer came to the barn at 2:30 am. All was packed and ready, thanks to Anna, so we got out with no problem and got to the airport on time, thanks to Heather. My kind of girls! Well done!

At the airport they tell me that it's only my horse in the crate and that the other horse was not o.k. to go, so.......here we are, only Finally and me, in a FedEx plane on our way to Gladstone. All went well and Finn was such a brave boy. Every trip he makes, he gets better and better. I tell you it has been a long road, but it paid off!!

In NJ the weather was not that bad, so the ride from the airport went easy. At Gladstone there are not that many horses yet, so it is nice and quiet. Horses that had to fly in are there, but that is about it.

So far I have just ridden Finn in a soft warm up style--more so he got loosened up. He is out grassing and had a great spa day done by Anna. He looks very content and actually both eats and drinks--that is a good sign!!!

Tomorrow I will start riding him more and Debbie will keep an eye on me in the morning.I know he will be great!!

Taison is also in, but he is still in California. I got the message too late to get him on the flight that Finn was on in a few hours. So I'm working on getting him to Gladstone. If you have a cargo plane to lend me, just give me a call! That would be so great to have both my horses in the Finals and I hope it will work out. They are both so cool and we all miss Taison here--remember that Taison is Finn's best friend and will always make things safe and perfect.

So this is it for now. Enjoy!

~Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment