Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Golden State Dressage Classic CDI*2 , Rancho Murieta



The weekend of June 12-15th, I did bring three horses to Rancho Murieta, close to Sacramento. 
I rode two horses: my own horse Cenna, a danish mare and Anne Solbraekke's HAN gelding De Noir. I also brought Rico ridden by Anne.
Anne won two of her classes and got one second and one third. Anne rode beautiful on her lovely horse and this was only Anne's second time out on him. It's looking good for the future!
This was the last CDI 2* for this season and because I decided not to go with De Noir to The national finals in Gladstone NJ, I thought it would be nice to ride one more, and also support the organizer Connie Davenport who year after year is putting on two CDI shows in Northern C.A. It's a great show, good stabling, but a long drive.....
I did ride my own horse Cenna in her first CDI Grand Prix. I won with a score of almost 69%. She is just getting better and better and after winning the open Grand Prix @ Flintridge two weeks earlier, this CDI was a perfect end of the season. She also won the open Grand Prix Special.
De Noir went three classes in the small tour CDI, and won all three. With score's in the 70%, I ended the last day in my freestyle with 76 + %. One judge had 79% Super cool!!!
What a fun weekend. He was so good, and I'm so looking forward to now ride him with the goal of trying out for the Pan Am games next year.

Mette 

No comments:

Post a Comment