Friday, June 4, 2010

Life in the Fast Lane!

The last two months have gone by so fast, that I don't really know where they went! One thing is for sure: I have had a great time and have done a lot of fun things.

Taison and Finally have been to one CDI and one High Performance show. They were both good even if we didn't win. I think they are very happy to stay home for awhile and sleep in their "own beds" and get out of the fast lane. They have become very close and Finally is always looking for his older brother. He feels very safe when Taison is around and misses him when he leaves. When they are home Finally acts like he couldn’t care less, but I'm glad Taison takes care of him when he feels alone!

Since Debbie McDonald has been traveling the world, I have gotten very good help from Steffen Peters. I have to trailer my horses down to his place, ride for two days and then go back home and take care of all the other horses and riders. I have brought both Taison and Finally and we have gotten a lot done. Very fun and inspiring! Steffen is great!

I also got the opportunity to ride in the USEF clinic with Kyra Kyrklund. The clinic was three days long and this time it was held at the beautiful Epona Farm, owned by Linda Fowler here in L.A. area. The clinic was super and I got so much out of it. Finally was doing great and Kyra is so fantastic and inspiring. She gave me a lot to work on! I was so happy to be a part of this clinic, even if the timing was not so good: a lot of fun, but in too short of a time! When it rains it pours!

Now my horses are home and are getting some time off. I am off to Canada for a clinic this week and I think I will be teaching at four different barns. I'm looking forward to going and the Canadians are always so eager and fun to work with. I will tell you all about it in my next letter.

So as always...take care and have fun!!!

~Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment