Monday, March 15, 2010

My Horses are Doing Great

The last weekend of February I went to another CDI show. This time it was in Burbank at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. Both Finally and Donnatello were going in open classes at this show, but almost all of my classes were judged by a CDI judge. Everything at the show the first day was going great. The weather was super, the flowers were beautiful, the footing was good and the show grounds were well prepared. We were all ready to go! The organizer, Glenda McElroy, was going to use about four rings for this show and many good horses and riders were there. We were all happy and looking forward to the weekend. But along came the rain. I'm not just saying rain. It RAINED and RAINED and, if that was not bad enough, there was also wind and hail. So for sunny California, the rain was great, but not for those of us who wanted to compete and do our best.

So to make a long weekend short: we all ended up in two rings in the indoor arena. That meant that we could only have a maximum of six riders for warm-up in an area of 15 by 40 meters. Not that easy!!! The show started 7 am and was done by about 11pm. Finally won his two classes: Prix St. Georges & Intermediare I. He was a good sport and really tried to do his best. This is not the easiest horse I have ridden and the circumstances for him, with a very different warm-up did not make it easier. I was very pleased with his performance and felt very good about his first time out in Intermediare I. Donnatello as always, won one class and was second in the other (beaten by a point) and, also as usual, came home with the ribbon for reserve champion in the upper levels. He is so cool and loves to go to shows. He is such a fun horse!

Now I will stay home and work until my next show, which is also at LAEC in April. At this show, I will ride Taison and Finally, both in CDI Prix St. Georges and Intermediare I. Taison will also do his first freestyle.So all is well! My horses are great and, as of now, it's warm and green with tons of flowers everywhere. Life is good!

But there is one more thing......please send good thoughts to Courtney King Dye for a fast, healthy and positive recovery. She is in my thoughts and I hope from the bottom of my heart that she soon will be back with us! I think of her all the time; she is part of the family!!!
So don't forget to enjoy the moment! This is it you guys!

~Mette

No comments:

Post a Comment