Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays!


Finally a word from me.Just at the last week of the year!
It's not because I didn't have anything to tell earlier,it is totally the opposite! To much to tell!
If you don't send it off right away,new things are coming up, piling up on top of what already have happened!
So what happened yesterday now seams old!  So the first story never got told.And so it went!
I didn't show that much during the summer and fall! After The National Finals in Gladstone,there was a brake.
It's hot during the summer,and the horses were so good earlier on that it was ok to not go out right again.
But I did ride at the Regional Finals in Burbank. I was Champion in Int 1 on Anne Solbrakke's horse Rico. Rode Finally in Grand Prix,and my young horse Regent in the lower levels. All three horses were great!
I have been to Europe several times,looking for horses for me and my clients. Went to Sydney Australia to give a clinic,and work with Pamela and my beloved horse Taison that I sold to her in the spring of 2012.
Basquewille, the love of my life,had to be put down due to colic.I didn't want him to go through surgery, so I did what I thought was the best for him......to let him go.
Horrible decision to make. He is barred on a beautiful spot at Mill Creek! 
What a great horse,with super work ethic,that gave me so much joy!!! He was a funny boy!   Basquewille will always have a very special place in my heart.
I almost forgot, that he went back to show one more time in San Diego. Ridden by a very special girl: Brianna in the para dressage classes at The Dressage Affaire. He was so proud,looked so good and Brianna and Basquewille looked great together. I'm so glad he could do what he really liked to do. Work! I really miss him!
In the beginning of 2013 I will take 6 horses and go to Florida. Three of mine,and 3 of my client Anne. I will train and compete, and be gone for two months. It's a huge undertaken to fit all the pieces in the puzzle together,but I hope it all will work. This time I will keep you posted!
Lucky me who has the nicest clients ever! Four of them won some year end award at the LA chapter. They will all go,and hopefully pick up mine as well!
Thanks to my wonderful staff: Anna, Anja and Henrietta.Without you it could never work.
To all: Merry Christmas and  A Happy, Healthy, Safe and exiting 2013

Love Mette


1 comment:

  1. Love Anna's shots of you on Finally. You two are fitting much nicer each time I see you on him! Deep sympathies to you and the barn for the loss of your great Grand Prix horse, Basequewille; his victory in Vegas brought us together at Yarra Yarra and at leaste one proposal of marriage. I will never forget how "high" you were after that win! Over and over you gave Basequewille full credit and adoration. Don't ever lose that honestly warm way about you, Mette.

    ReplyDelete